Why:
The mission statement of Niche Snowboards is to "change the way we think about the relationships between our materials, our environment, and ourselves". What they mean by that is that they want to trigger a movement to overthink the way Snowboards are produced and designed and they believe that small steps lead to big differences. Their passion about being environmental-friendly and sustainable is the biggest force that thrives the company to achieve their goal to preserve nature and wildlife.
" We hope our success will change our industry and lead to good things for you and the planet we all share."
How:
Niche Snowboards uses paid, owned and earned marketing in an almost equal amount. They organize events for example where people can try out their products at the spot and show a real personal approach in doing business. The owned marketing comes a lot through their passion they have and since the key figures of the company are also passionate Snowboarders they of course have their connections to Boarders all over the world that can function as brand ambassadors. One thing you can maybe say is that their earned marketing is not that big yet, because not everybody has a Niche Snowboard and makes the decision to go for an environmental-friendly Board over a Board from Burton for example.
What:
Niche Snowboards manufactures well designed and environmental-friendly Snowboards that are produced to provide the modern Snowboarder with the possibility to choose a product that's good for the environment without losing anything in terms of quality or design.
BHAG
The BHAG of Niche Snowboards is to live in peace with nature and really have an impact on the thinking of people about how we behave in terms of recycling and things as such.
4 C's
Context:
Niche Snowboards has accounts on several Social Media websites, not only the classical like Twitter or Instagram but also on Vimeo for example. They used to have a Blog but somehow stopped writing on it a few years ago. For the new context I think it would be good to focus on the branding and lifestyle theme and start a more conversational relationship with the customers through restarting their blog again.
Community and Consumers:
The community that Niche is currently focusing on is (young) environmental-conscious adults that share their passion for nature and sports. There is no specific gender focus, but what I think is characteristic for the consumers Niche tries to attract is that their target audience normally prefers not using that much social media and prefers real life interaction. Therefore I would maybe focus with the new strategy to link the people more together and create opportunities for real life experiences.
Connection:
The connection could be build like mentioned above through creating opportunities for get-togethers or maybe an App developed by Niche where you can find someone to go snowboarding with. It should be about that community feeling and feeling a connection to other people that share the same passion as you do.

Dana, I think that you did a great work. Actually, I think that I don't have anything that need to be added. I like it :)
ReplyDeleteDana as Natalie said I think that you really reflected a good piece of work. I enjoyed reading it and think that both structurally and content wise it is very good :)
ReplyDelete